- Alabama House rejects Bentley's 2-year-delay
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — The Alabama House on Monday rejected Gov. Robert Bentley's proposal to delay allowing private school tax credits for two years, and the Republican leader in the Senate predicted it would do the same before the midnight end of the 2013 legislative session.
- Senator: Corporate contribution limits may end
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — A key state senator says lawmakers are poised to strike down limits on corporate political contributions in Alabama campaigns.
- Alabama lawmakers approve sweeping gun bill
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — An overhaul of Alabama's gun laws is on the way to Gov. Robert Bentley, who is expected to sign the proposal.
- Alabama Legislature has slow start on last day
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — The Alabama Legislature's last meeting day is off to a slow start.
- Alabama Democrats fail in expanding Medicaid
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (AP) — Democrats in the Alabama Legislature failed to achieve their top goal for the 2013 session.