Savannah Stults is a junior volleyball and basketball player for Lexington. She is a setter on the volleyball court, and helped Lexington to the state championship game last season. She is a guard on the basketball team and scored a Lauderdale County Tournament high 30 points against Lauderdale County in the tournament semifinals last Friday.
1. You're good at both volleyball and basketball, but which one is your favorite sport?
Basketball, because I've played it since I was like 4 I guess. It's faster than volleyball and in basketball you get to score more.
2. Have you ever had a game where you've scored 30 points before?
That's the first time I've ever gotten that high. It feels good when you know you're shooting and it's going in. It gave me a lot of confidence to keep on shooting.
3. Do you ever feel any pressure that you'll have to score a lot of points in a game for the team to be successful?
Not really because we have a lot of guards on our team that can all shoot well. If one of us is off, we have another one who can pick up when she misses.
4. Is there anything you learn on the volleyball court that you can take to basketball?
We made it so far in volleyball (to the state championship match), so when basketball started, it made us want to work twice as hard in basketball so we could experience that in basketball too.
5. Your sister (Morgan, an eighth-grader) is your teammate in volleyball and basketball. Were you pretty competitive with each other growing up?
Yeah, we get pretty competitive, but we work together on the court together. Since we've been playing together our whole lives it's easy to know where the other is on the court.