Different sections of the Community Planner rotate every Sunday. Email items to leah.daniels@TimesDaily.com. Items will not be published without a telephone number, email address or web address. Franchised activities, taught on a professional basis, will not be listed.
• Overeaters Anonymous, 1:30 p.m. Wednesdays, First Cumberland Presbyterian Church, Florence. 256-394-7639
• Overeaters Anonymous, 6 p.m. Thursdays, 505 N. Seminary St., back entrance, Florence. No membership dues or fees. 256-335-2514
• TOPS meetings — AL 227, 5 p.m. Mondays, Lexington Bank basement; AL 213, 4:30-7 p.m. Mondays, Senior Citizens Center, 415 Fairground Road, Florence; AL 188, Leighton, 5:30-6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, LaGrange Fire Hall; AL 138, 6-7 p.m. Tuesdays, First Southern Baptist Church, Muscle Shoals; AL 186, 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, 256-757-3544 or 256-757-2807; AL 424, 9 a.m. Mondays, Central Fire Department; AL 173, 6-7 p.m. Thursdays, Hook Street Baptist Church, Tuscumbia, 256-383-6245; AL 205, 6 p.m. Thursdays, Little People’s Nursery School, Alabama Street, Killen, 256-757-2742; AL 434 Anderson, 9 a.m. Fridays, Anderson Town Hall, 256-247-1867 or 256-247-0737; AL 155, 5:30 p.m. Mondays, Russellville Community Education Center, 523A Gandy St., Russellville, 256-446-5962, 256-332-2939 or 256-332-3398; No. 450, Waterloo, 5:30 p.m. Mondays, Stewartsville Church of Christ; AL 555 Greenhill, 9 a.m. Thursdays, 14583 Lauderdale 47, Greenhill, 256-757-9651.
• Central Community Center RSVP lunch 11:30 a.m., fourth Monday. Bring covered dish. 256-764-2885
• Cloverdale RSVP, 11:30 a.m., fourth Tuesday, Cloverdale Community Center, for covered-dish lunch. 256-284-0404
• Wellcare Center, next to Helen Keller Hospital, 1300 S. Montgomery Ave., Sheffield, offers aerobics classes for seniors. 256-386-4747
• LifeWise, ECM chapter, fourth Tuesday, Florence-Lauderdale Coliseum, Veterans Drive, Florence. Lunch, 11:30 a.m.; program, 12:15 p.m. Aerobics at 9:45 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, Broadway Recreation Center, Florence. 256-768-8056
• Zip City Community Center, 10511 Lauderdale 17, Florence, 11:30 a.m. third Thursday, covered-dish lunch. Breakfast, 6:30-9 a.m., fourth Saturday except December.
• The CLUB, Florence Senior Center, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.–5 p.m., 450 Country Club Drive, Florence, 256-760-5620.
• American Association of Retired Persons, Florence-Lauderdale Chapter 273, 11 a.m., third Thursday, Royal Avenue Recreation Center, 421 N. Royal Ave., Florence. Covered-dish dinner. 256-760-6425
• Florence-Lauderdale County Education Retirees Association, for participants in the Alabama Public Education Employees Retirement System residing in Lauderdale County, 11:30 a.m., third Wednesday of odd-number months, Lauderdale County Board of Education Annex, 355 Lauderdale 61, Florence. 256-483-8222
• TVA Retirees Association, 10 a.m. second Wednesday in March, September and December, TVA Community Credit Union, 1405 Wilson Dam Road, Muscle Shoals, and 9:30 a.m. third Tuesday in June, Florence-Lauderdale Coliseum, 702 Veterans Drive, Florence. 256-383-1701
• UAW-Ford Retiree Chapter, business meeting, 9 a.m., first Wednesday, except January, July and September, Northwest-Shoals Community College, Hospitality House, 800 George Wallace Blvd., Muscle Shoals. Fellowship supper, 6 p.m., preceding Tuesday of business meeting, NW-SCC. Gerald Hester, 256-757-3852
• Hi! Neighbors of the Shoals, an organization for women that extends a welcome to newcomers and not-so-new women in Shoals, 10 a.m. first Tuesday for coffee, Florence-Lauderdale Public Library, 350 N. Wood Ave., Florence. Janice Hilborn, 256-415-8512
• Alabama Society of Professional Engineers, Muscle Shoals chapter, third Thursday, September-May. Don Lokey, 256-386-2035
• Florence Toastmasters Club, 5:45 p.m. first and third Monday, Florence-Lauderdale Public Library, 350 N. Wood Ave., Florence. Earnestine Doubek, 256-415-7676
• Medical Group Management Association of the Shoals, 11:30 a.m., fourth Thursday, Marriott Shoals Conference Center, 10 Hightower Place, Florence. Open to people of medical, surgical and scientific practices. Debbie Cardwell, 256-764-1858
• National Management Association, TVA Muscle Shoals Chapter, third Thursday, Marriott Shoals Conference Center, 10 Hightower Place, Florence, 5:30 p.m. social, 6 p.m. dinner/program. Myra Soroszak, 256-386-2387
• Northwest Alabama Body Therapists Professionals, noon, first Tuesday. Speakers invited. Rhonda Hofmann, 256-394-8301
• Sheffield Business and Professional Association, 5:15 p.m., second Tuesday, Park Place, Sheffield. Tim Leigh, 256-383-6711
• Shoals Area Central Labor Union, 7 p.m., Tuesday, Iron Workers Hall, 506 N. Nashville Ave., Sheffield. Gene Tackett, 256-383-2758
• Shoals Professional and Business Club, noon, Tuesdays for lunch, Shoals Home Builders Association, 1951 Veterans Drive, Florence. Glenn Stephenson, 256-710-7230
• Shoals Registry of Interpreters for the Deaf, quarterly, Alabama Institute for Deaf and Blind, Shoals Regional Center, 512 N. Main St., Tuscumbia. Dates and times, 256-383-3503
• Colbert County Republican Executive Committee, 6 p.m., fourth Monday, Donna and Friends Restaurant, 1325 Avalon Ave., Muscle Shoals. Fred Joly, 256-710-1440
• Lauderdale Chapter of Alabama Democratic Club, 1 p.m., second Saturday, Florence-Lauderdale Public Library, 350 N. Wood Ave., Florence. 256-762-0209
• Lauderdale County Republican executive committee, 7 p.m., fourth Thursday. Meeting locations: Josh Dodd, 256-366-2878.
• Republican Women of the Shoals, noon, first Tuesday. For meeting place or speaker, Debbie Black, 256-627-3604.
• Shoals Area Citizens for Life, 7:30 p.m., last Tuesday. 256-381-3528 after 5 p.m.
• Shoals Democratic Club, 6:30 p.m. third Monday, alternating meeting locations between Colbert and Lauderdale counties. Light meal, 6 p.m. Email email@example.com
• Women in Lifetime Leadership encourages women’s participation in public policy-making. Eve Mauldin, 256-764-8878
• Alabama Charter Chapter, United Daughters of the War of 1812, 11 a.m. quarterly. 256-764-7040
• Central Civitan Club, 6:30 p.m., second and fourth Thursdays. Betty McCormick, 256-764-2885.
• East Lauderdale County Chapter of Rotary International, noon, Thursdays. Danny Cook, 256-247-6080
• Florence Civitan Club, noon, Tuesdays, First Baptist Church, Tombigbee Street, Florence. Lunch and program.
• Florence Exchange Club, noon, Tuesdays, Marriott Shoals Conference Center, 10 Hightower Place, Florence, for lunch and program. James Barnett, 256-443-3836
• Florence Kiwanis Club, noon, Fridays, Marriott Shoals Conference Center, 10 Hightower Place, Florence. 336-287-4958256-710-7059
• Florence Lions Club, noon, first and third Mondays, ECM East conference room, 2111 Cloyd Blvd., Florence. 256-757-1308
• Florence Rotary Club, noon, Mondays, Marriott Shoals Conference Center, 10 Hightower Place, Florence. Lunch: 11:30 a.m.
• LaGrange Community Sunshine Club sends cards and letters to elderly and others. Sherri Hall, 256-446-9351, or Lela Hall, 256-446-8757
• Muscle Shoals Civitan Club, noon, first and third Thursdays, Cypress Lakes Golf and Country Club, 1311 E. Sixth St., Muscle Shoals. 256-383-3503
• Muscle Shoals Kiwanis Club, noon, Thursdays, Cypress Lakes Country Club, 1311 E. Sixth St., Muscle Shoals. Nicole Parker, 256-386-0600
• Sheffield Kiwanis Club, noon, Wednesdays, Park Place, 500 N. Montgomery Ave., Sheffield. 256-740-95990 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• Town Creek Lions Club, 6 p.m. second and fourth Mondays, Town Creek Community Center, Main Street, Town Creek. Billy Crisler, 256-685-2469
• Tuscumbia Kiwanis Club, noon Tuesdays, Helen Keller Public Library annex, 511 N. Main St., Tuscumbia. Lunch and speaker. Joel Parris, 256-577-6968
• Central Community Center business meeting, 286 Lauderdale 277, Florence, 6:30 p.m., first Tuesday. To reserve center, call 256-760-9005 or 256-764-2885. Breakfast, third Saturday. 256-764-1090
• Cloverdale Community Center, 17420 Lauderdale 8, Florence: country breakfast, 6:30-9 a.m., second Saturday. Center available for reservations; fee charged. 256-284-0404
• Lexington Senior Center, 100 Maguire Lane, Lexington, breakfast, 6:30-9 a.m., fourth Saturday; except November and December. 256-229-8810
• Underwood-Petersville Community Center, 840 Lauderdale 7, Florence: breakfast, 6-9 a.m., first Saturday; and covered-dish lunch, 11 a.m., second Friday.
• Zip City Community Center, 11:30 a.m. third Thursday, covered-dish lunch and program. Breakfast, 6:30-9 a.m., fourth Saturday.