Different sections of the Community Planner rotate every Sunday. Email items to leah.daniels@TimesDaily.com. Items will not be published without a telephone number, email address or web address. Franchised activities, taught on a professional basis, will not be listed. Due to the pandemic, these events may be altered.
• AA Florence H.O.W.: smoke-free, closed discussions, 7 p.m., Mondays, Edgemont Methodist Church, 1330 Eauclaire Ave., Florence.
• AA Florence Open Door: 8 p.m., Sunday-Saturday; noon, Monday-Saturday, 6 p.m. Saturday, 10 p.m. Saturdays; 526 W. College St. at Dr. Hicks Boulevard, Florence. All noon meetings open discussion, except 8 p.m. Wednesdays. 10 p.m. Wednesdays and Fridays. Open speaker meeting: 8 p.m. Wednesdays. Smoke-free: 8 p.m. Wednesdays and Sundays. Big book study: 8 p.m. Mondays. Candlelight meeting: 8 p.m. Thursdays and 10 p.m. Saturdays.
• An AA Group: smoke-free, closed meeting. 9 a.m. Saturdays and 7 p.m. Mondays, Cross Point Church of Christ, 1350 Cox Creek Parkway, rear side of adult building, Florence.
• AA Florence Serenity: smoke-free, closed meetings/cards signed, 7 p.m., Mondays and Wednesdays, Westminster Presbyterian Church, 1520 Rickwood Road, Florence.
• AA Fourth Dimension: 7 a.m. Monday-Sunday, closed discussion; 9:30 a.m. Thursdays, women’s meeting; 11 a.m. Monday-Sunday, closed discussion; 6 p.m. Mondays, open discussion, big book study; 6 p.m. Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays, closed discussion; 11 a.m. first and third Mondays, open discussion, First United Methodist Church, 505 N. Seminary St., Florence. All meetings smoke free.
• AA Freedom Group: 8 p.m. Tuesdays, big book study; 8 p.m. Wednesdays, open discussion; 8 p.m. Sundays, open speaker, no smoking, CB&S Bank, Red Bay.
• AA Grupo Nuevo Amanecer, Spanish speaking, 7-9 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, open discussion; 9-11 a.m. Sundays, open discussion, 110 Tuscaloosa St E., Russellville.
• AA Happy Hour, smoke-free. 6 p.m. Mondays, open discussion; 6 p.m. Tuesdays, big book discussion open meeting, 12x12 study; 6 p.m. Fridays, 12x12 closed discussion, Killen Methodist Church, J.C. Mauldin Highway, Killen.
• AA Island Group, 8 p.m., Fridays, open-speaker meeting, open discussion, smoke-free, Highland Park Church of Christ, Woodward Avenue, Muscle Shoals.
• AA Keep It Simple, 7 p.m. Tuesdays, closed meeting, no smoking, no cards signed, and Thursdays, closed discussion, no smoking, no cards signed and big book study, Cross Point Church of Christ, 1350 Cox Creek Parkway, Florence.
• AA La Alegria de Vivir, 7-9 p.m. Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, open discussion and non-smoking, St. Joseph Catholic Church Parrish Building, 1111 E. College St., Florence.
• AA Lexington 449, smoke free, noon, Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays, open discussion; 8 p.m., Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays, open discussion, candlelight meeting on Fridays; big book study on Sundays; 8 p.m. Saturdays, open speaker, 6083 Alabama 101, 4 miles north of U.S. 72, Lexington.
• AA New Vision Group, 6:30 p.m. Wednesdays and 6 p.m. Sundays, open discussion and nonsmoking, Vandiver Hollow Missionary Baptist Church, Colbert 78, Tuscumbia.
• AA Quad-Cities, 11 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., every day, open discussion, 750 E. Michigan Ave., Muscle Shoals.
• AA Russellville, 11 a.m., Mondays, closed discussion, Wednesdays Thursdays and Fridays, open discussion, non-smoking; 11 a.m. Thursdays, open discussion; 8 p.m. Mondays, open discussion, big book study; 8 p.m. Fridays, open speaker and non-smoking, 311 W. Lawrence, Russellville.
• AA Sheffield, smoke-free, 8 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays, open discussion, with step discussion on Mondays; 8 p.m. Wednesdays, Thursday and Fridays, closed discussion, with big book study on Wednesdays; 8 p.m. Saturdays, open speaker; 9:30 a.m. Sundays, closed discussion; 11 a.m., Monday-Saturday, closed discussion, with open discussion on Fridays; and 5-7 p.m. Tuesdays, closed discussion, women's meeting; 6 p.m. Mondays, Fridays and Sundays, open discussion, with Fridays beginners meeting, Wednesdays and Thursdays, closed discussion, 210 E. Second St., Sheffield.
• AA Survivors, smoke-free, 5:30 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays, with big book study on Tuesdays, 780 Ford Road, Muscle Shoals. All open discussion.
• Alcoholics Anonymous information provided. 256-386-0663 or shoalsaa.org. Only requirement for AA is desire to stop drinking.
• Al-Anon meeting schedule: Hope Al-Anon Family Group, 6 p.m. Mondays, Highland Park Church of Christ, 600 Geneva Ave., Muscle Shoals, childcare provided; Florence Daytime Al-Anon Family Group, 11 a.m. Tuesdays, Magnolia Church of Christ, 2650 Vulcan Ave., Florence; Paths to Recovery, 7 p.m. Thursdays and 10 a.m. Saturdays, CrossPoint Church of Christ, 1350 Cox Creek Parkway, Florence, 256-764-4073. Shoals Al-Anon contact phone: 256-648-5777.
• Al-Anon, 4-5 p.m. Thursdays, AA Building, 108 Gaines St. S.W., Russellville.
• Hope Al-Anon and Shoals Al-Teen (ages 11-17), 6 p.m., Monday, Highland Park Church of Christ, 600 Geneva Ave., Muscle Shoals.
• Narcotics Anonymous Survival meets daily, noon and 7 p.m., 1614 State St., Florence. Nonsmoking. 256-500-8889
• Real Hope, 6-7 p.m., Tuesdays and Thursdays, New Beginning Church, 855 Florence Blvd., Florence. Nonsmoking. 800-239-5509
• Point of Freedom, 7 p.m. Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, CrossPoint Church of Christ, 1350 Cox Creek Parkway, Florence. Nonsmoking.