Arts and entertainment items for Go and Do listing are published, as space permits, on a first-come, first-served basis. Deadline to submit items is Monday noon for publication the following Thursday. Information, however, may be sent up to six weeks in advance. Standing items must be updated monthly. Email items to myra.arnold@TimesDaily.com. Include a complete address for all venues, along with a telephone number.
• Art Expressions — Members of the Shoals Artists' Guild will have the exhibit through Nov. 20 at Kennedy Douglas Center for the Arts, 217 E. Tuscaloosa St., Florence. The exhibit will be open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday-Friday. 256-760-6379
• Shoals Artists' Guild — Members have a Fall/Winter exhibit in the upstairs gallery at Kennedy Douglas Center for the Arts, 217 E. Tuscaloosa St., Florence, through January.
• Holly and Ivy Holiday Luncheons — Kennedy Douglas Center for the Arts, 217 E. Tuscaloosa St., Florence, will host the holiday event at 11:30 a.m. Dec. 3-6. Tickets: $25. Call 256-760-6379 to reserve ticket before Nov. 25. Proceeds benefit arts education in Shoals area schools.
• Trees of Christmas — The Trees of Christmas will be on display Dec. 6-24 at the Tennessee Valley Museum of Art, 511 N. Water St., Tuscumbia. Time: 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Friday; 1-3 p.m. Sunday. Admission during the week is $5 for adults and $3 for students and children. Sundays are free. 256-383-0533, tvaa.net
• Readers of the Lost Ark Book Club — The group will discuss "The Thanksgiving Visitor" and "A Christmas Memory" at 10 a.m. Nov. 20 at Coldwater Books, 101 W. Sixth St., Tuscumbia. email@example.com.
• Military History Series — Veteran and writer Matt Osborne will present a lecture on military history at the Florence-Lauderdale Public Library, 350 N. Wood Ave. The lecture will be 5:30 p.m. Dec. 3.
• Laughing On The Shoals Comedy @ Nite — The event will be 8:15-11:15 p.m. Friday at The Clarion Inn Hotel, 4900 Hatch Blvd., Muscle Shoals. Tickets: $25. Doors open 8 p.m. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-all-new-laughing-on-the-shoals-comedy-nite-tickets-73333338991
• Line Dance Class — Florence Parks and Recreation Department is taking registration for Line Dance Class at the Broadway Recreation Center, 300 N. Broadway St. Fee is $25. The class meets 7-8 p.m. Fridays for 4 weeks beginning Nov. 1. Instructor, Jan Ownby. Preregister by calling 256-627-0052 or Broadway Recreation Center at 256-760-6418.
• Quad Cities Squares — Enjoy square dancing 7-9 p.m. today at Royal Avenue Recreation Center, 421 N. Royal Ave., Florence.
• Singing River Squares — Square dancing 6:30-8:30 p.m. Friday nights at The Club/Florence Senior Center, 450 Country Club Drive. Beginner square dance lessons offered. 256-760-4620
• Social dance — Social dancing 6:30-9 p.m. Tuesday, The Club, 450 Country Club Drive, Florence. Alcohol/smoke/drug free facility. For people 18 and older, $5. 256-760-6420
• Alabama Music Hall of Fame — GMANE is featured in a display at the museum, 617 U.S. 72, Tuscumbia. Rotating exhibits at the hall of fame highlight accomplishments of area music achievers. Details: 256-381-4417.
• The Screening Room: Classics, Crowd-Pleasers, Cult Favorites and Neglected Gems — Pillar of Fire hosts periodic film screenings at Florence-Lauderdale Public Library, 350 N. Wood Ave., Florence. Terry and Anita Pace are hosts. Details: 256-764-6564, library; or 256-366-4512, Pillar of Fire.
• Honoring veterans — The city of Tuscumbia Bicentennial Commission will host a special service honoring the town's veterans at 2 p.m. Sunday in front of the veterans' flagpole in Tuscumbia's Oakwood Cemetery. Keynote speaker: Lt. Col. Arthur Graves.
• Free lunch — Texas Roadhouse, 307 Cox Creek Parkway, Florence, will serve veterans and active members of the U.S. military a free lunch from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday. Proof of service includes military or VA card, or discharge papers.
• Veterans Day Concert — Darryl Worley and Billy Lawson will headline the event at 6 p.m. Monday at the Alabama Music Hall of Fame, U.S. 72 West, Tuscumbia. Pre-concert activities begin at 4:30 p.m. A fireworks show will follow concert. Tickets, $20, available at eventbrite.com and at the gate on the day of the concert. The concert is a fundraiser to send veterans to Washington, D.C. 256-383-0783
• A Vintage Christmas in Red Bay — Christmas Open House will be 1-4 p.m. Dec. 1 in downtown Red Bay; a tree-lighting ceremony will be at 5 p.m. Dec. 1 at Tree Park, Red Bay; 6 p.m. Dec. 2, Red Bay Christmas Parade.
• Christmas Brunch with Dolores Hydock — The event will be 10 a.m. to noon Dec. 7 at Clarion Inn, Hatch Boulevard, Sheffield. Tickets $15; tickets must be purchased by Dec. 3 at Sheffield Public Library. Sponsored by Friends of Sheffield Library.
• A Plantation Christmas — The event will be at Belle Mont Mansion, 1569 Cook Lane, Tuscumbia, from 1-5 p.m. Dec. 8. The traditional holiday open house, will feature decorations of fresh greenery and fruit along with period music and dance performances. Refreshments served. Shuttle available from roadside and parking in nearby field. Admission: $8 adults, $4 children 6-12, under six free. Sponsored by Colbert County Historical Landmarks Foundation to benefit Belle Mont and local preservation efforts. 256-381-5052, 256-383-0783, bellemontmansion.org.
• Sheffield Christmas Parade — The parade will be 6 p.m. Dec. 10 in downtown Sheffield.
• Dickens Feast — The event will be 7 p.m. Dec. 13 at the Roundhouse, 204 W. Fifth St., Tuscumbia. Tickets are $25 and must be purchased in advance at Fiddledee D, 111 S. Main St., Tuscumbia. 256-383-9797
• It's A Dickens Christmas, Y'all — The event will be celebrated from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Dec. 14 in downtown Tuscumbia, including trolley tours, carriage rides, Dickens characters and carolers, and programs and performances throughout the day. 256-383-9797
Karaoke Thursday — The Boiler Room, 313 N. Court St., Florence, offers karaoke each Thursday from 8-11 p.m.
• Museum karaoke — The Earl Peanutt Montgomery Music Museum, 505 N. Raleigh Ave., Sheffield, offers karaoke from 6-9 p.m. Thursdays. Admission: $5. 256-284-5283
• Singin' River Live — Open mic is 7-9 p.m. the first Tuesday of each month at the venue at 526B E. College St., Florence.
• The Little Ryman — Gospel, Bluegrass and Classic Country. Every Friday 6-8:30 p.m. Free. 18210 Hwy 72 W., Tuscumbia. 256-856-2381
• Florence Music Study Club — Christopher Joel Carter IV will present a piano program at 10 a.m. Saturday at North Wood United Methodist Church, 1129 Wills Ave., Florence.
• Album Release Party — Johnny Collier will have the event on Nov. 21 at El Patron Restaurant, 17751 Highway 72, Rogersville. Meet and greet will be at 6:30 p.m.; live performance at 7:30 p.m.; and album signing at 8:30 p.m. RSVP on Facebook at facebook.com/events/512949575948442/
• Shoals Symphony — The Shoals Symphony at UNA will conduct Handel's Messiah at 3 p.m. Dec. 8; Preludes and Polovtsian Dances at 3 p.m. Feb. 2, 2020; Valentines, Vino and Vivaldi at 7 p.m. Feb. 14 (for 21 and older); A Midsummer Night's Dream at 7 p.m. March 14, 2020; Raiders of the Lost Ark in Concert at 7 p.m May 1, 2020; Joe Gray and the Moscow Mule at 3 p.m Oct. 20, 2020. Tickets: 256-710-1623, firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Pay it Forward: Donate to Educate — Shoals Scholar Dollars is an Education Foundation raising money to pay tuition at Northwest Shoals Community College and transfer scholarships to the University of North Alabama for Lauderdale and Colbert County students who meet certain criteria. Donate to Scholar Dollars at any participating financial institution the second Friday of each month.
• 1 Table Florence — The event will be 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today on Mobile Plaza in downtown Florence. The community will come together to share a meal at one table. Free. 1TableFlorence@gmail.com, 334-221-7136
• Parent Appreciation Day — Upward Bound of Northwest Shoals Community College and the Colbert County Education Foundation presents Parent Appreciation Day from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday at Northwest Shoals Community College gym. Free event for all parents/caretakers with a child attending a school in Colbert County.
• Achievement Week program — The Florence Chapter of the Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc. will have its annual Achievement Week program at 4 p.m. Sunday at St. Mark Missionary Baptist Church, East Alabama Street, Florence. The program will honor area high school students for their academic accomplishments. Participants will be eligible for one of several achievement scholarships. Speaker: Barrington Dames.
• Young Learners Series: Native American Heritage Month — The free event will be 10 a.m. Nov. 16 at Florence Indian Mound Museum, 1028 S. Court St. The event, sponsored by the City of Florence Department of Arts and Museums and the Muscle Shoals National Heritage Area, will focus on Native American history and culture.
• Bicentennial Birthday Celebration — The Russellville and Franklin County Bicentennial Committee will host a grand finale Bicentennial Birthday Celebration at 6 p.m. Nov. 21 at the Todd Centre in Russellville. Tickets are $15 per person and can be purchased from committee members or by contacting Chris Ozbirn at 253-332-8827 or by email, email@example.com. Attendees are encouraged to dress according to any period of history of their choosing. Music by the Athens Dulcimer Jam Group.
• Seeking Vendors — Steel of a Deal will be 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Nov. 23 at USW Local 1535 Union Hall, 818 Howell Heflin Lane, Tuscumbia. Booths are $25 plus a door prize. Call Angie Grimes, 256-762-8366.
• Auditions — Auditions for Shakespeare at the Shoals, "King Lear," will be 6:30 p.m. Dec. 2-3 at Shoals Theatre on Seminary Street in Florence. Michael Green is directing. Principal roles are available for 12 actors, male or female (ages 20+). There are also supporting roles for approximately 10 actors, male or female (ages 16 and older). Audition material will come from Act I, Scene 1, I-2, I-4, II-4 and V-3. Production dates are Feb. 21-23, 2020, with morning school performances possible Feb. 19-20. Rehearsals will begin the first week of January. For information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Auditions — "Rumors" auditions will be 2 p.m. Dec. 7 at Shoals Theatre, 123 n. Seminary St., Florence. Cold readings from script; sides will be available. Show dates Jan. 16-19. Directors, Andrew Maples and Laura Connolly. email@example.com
• "Southern Fried Funeral" — The Bay Tree Council for the Performing Arts announces the production of "Southern Fried Funeral" will be 7 p.m. today-Saturday and 2 p.m. Sunday; dinner theater production, "Till Beth Do Us Part" is Feb. 13-16; "Cheating Cheaters" will be April 23-26; and "Leading Ladies" is June 18-21. Productions are at Weatherford Centre, 303 Fourth Ave. S.E., Red Bay. Tickets are $8. For groups, call Beth Hammock, 256-356-9286.
• The Shoals Community Theatre — Gingerbread Players present the musical, “Pocahontas” Nov. 21-24. Neil Simon’s “Rumors” will be Jan. 16-19, 2020, presented by Zodiac Players and directed by Laura Connolly and Andrew Maples. Shoals Shakespeare presents, “King Lear” directed by Michael Green on Feb. 21-23, 2020. “Robin Hood” will be presented by the Gingerbread Players, March 19-22, 2020. William Freeman will direct, “The Case of Humanity vs Pontius Pilate” on April 2-3, 2020, a Zodiac production. On April 30-May 3, 2020, Zodiac Players present “Jekyll and Hyde The Muscial,” directed by Julia Matthews. The season will close out with the musical “Matilda” presented by Gingerbread Players on June 4-7, and 12-13, 2020. Season tickets available, 256-764-1700.
• "Best Little Christmas Pageant Ever" — The "Best Little Christmas Pageant Ever" will be 9:30 a.m. Dec. 11-13 and 2 p.m. Dec. 14 at Ritz Theatre, 111 W. Third St., Sheffield. Adults: $8; students: $7. 256-383-0533, tvaa.net
• "Holiday Revue" — The "Holiday Revue" will be 7:30 p.m. Dec. 19-21 at Ritz Theatre, 111 W. Third St., Sheffield. Tickets: $20. 256-383-0533, tvaa.net
• Walking tour – The Florence/Lauderdale Tourism Office will host a free walking tour at the Forks of Cypress Plantation site and Cemetery, County Road 41, at 10 a.m. Saturday. Local historian Harry Wallace will guide the tour. Visitors encouraged to bring lawn chairs.
• Alabama Music Hall of Fame — The museum at 617 U.S. Highway 72, Tuscumbia, is open for tours 9 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday. Admission: $10 adults, $8 adults ages 55 and older, $8 students ages 13-18, $6 students ages 6-12, free 5 and younger. 256-381-4417
• Swampette Muscle Shoals Music Tour — The trolley tours are led by Swampette Judy Hood, wife of Swampers bass player David Hood, and include stops at Alabama Music Hall of Fame, FAME Studios, 3614 Jackson Highway and Muscle Shoals Sound. The tours leave from Florence/Lauderdale Tourism Visitor Center, 200 Jim Spain Drive, McFarland Park, Florence. Tickets: $40; reservations recommended, 256-740-4141. Future tour: Dec. 7.
• Cypress Moon Studios tours — Tour hours are 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday-Saturday at 1000 Alabama Ave., Sheffield. Group tours available. 256-335-6961
• Ivy Green — The Home of Helen Keller, 300 N. Commons W., Tuscumbia, is open for tours 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m. Monday-Saturday. Admission: $7 adults, $6 seniors, AAA members, military (active and retired) $4 children. 256-383-4066
• Muscle Shoals VIP Music Tours — Tour local recording studios and the Alabama Music Hall of Fame. Small or large groups. Visit muscleshoalstours.com and FaceBook: Muscle Shoals VIP Music Tours. Text 256.627.0103 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Indian Mound Museum — The museum is open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday and 1-4 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $5 for adults and $2 for students and children. The museum is at 1028 S. Court St., Florence. 256-760-6427
• Earl Peanutt Montgomery Music Museum — Tours are noon-3 p.m. Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 505 N. Raleigh Ave. Tours by appointment only. Admission: $8. 256-284-5283
• W.C. Handy Museum — The museum is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday at 620 E. College St., Florence. Admission: $12 adults; $6 students, children. 256-760-6434
• Red Bay Museum — The museum is open 1:30-4 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday for tours. The museum is at 108 Fourth Ave. S.E. Tours can be scheduled for other times by calling 256-356-8758.
• Rosenbaum House — The house at 601 Riverview Drive, Florence, is open for tours from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesday-Saturday and 1-4 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are typically $10 for adults and $5 for students and seniors. 256-718-5050
• Belle Mont Mansion — The mansion at 1569 Cook Lane, Tuscumbia, is open for tours 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Wednesday-Saturday. Admission: $6 for adults; $5 for seniors, military and college students; $3 children ages 6-18. 256-381-5052
• Cane Creek Canyon Nature Preserve — The preserve at 251 Loop Rd., Tuscumbia, is open for self-guided tours 7 a.m.-5 p.m. Friday-Sunday and federal holidays. 256-381-6301.
• LaGrange College Site Park — Open for tours daily and weekends by appointment. 256-446-9324.
Beyond the Shoals
• "Lucinda y las Flores de la Nochebueno (Lucinda and the Christmas Eve Flowers)" — Opera Birmingham will present the performance at 10 a.m. Saturday at Avondale Public Library. Free admission.
• Goo Goo Dolls — The group will be at Von Braun Center, Huntsville, at 8 p.m. Wednesday.