Email items for the TimesDaily Religion Calendar to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to submit items is 5 p.m. Tuesday for publication the following Friday. Information, however, may be submitted up to six weeks in advance. Include a complete address with all venues, along with a name and telephone number.
• Community Bible Study — Women's interdenominational Bible study will be 9:30-11:30 a.m. on Thursday mornings through April 23 at Barton Baptist, 12925 Highway 72, Cherokee. Study of Christian living, Philemon, 1, 2 and 3 John, Jude; Christian leadership, 1 and 2 Timothy, Titus and James. Nursery provided. Registration fee: $35 adults, $10 children (covers all curriculum materials). Scholarships available. 256-627-3084, colbertcounty.cbsclass.org, email@example.com
• Bible Study — A 12-week Bible study of first and second Peter will be at 6 p.m. Monday at Woodmont Baptist Church, 2001 Darby Drive, Florence. Cost: $10 for book. Class uses Community Bible Study material. Snacks provided.
• Speaker — Rev. Brenda Durham will present "An Inner Stellar Experience" at Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the Shoals, 1332 N. Pine St., Florence, at 11 a.m. Sunday. Child care provided.
• Mid-week at Mt. Bethel — Beginning Feb. 19, New Mt. Bethel United Methodist Church, 1743 County Road 53, Rogersville, will have a meal at 5:45 p.m., with a VBS-style kids youth program with recreation, crafts and Bible study at 6 p.m.; a discipleship group will meet for 6:15 p.m. Bible study and discussion; or a prayer meeting group will spend time in prayer. All programs conclude at 7:30 p.m.
• Free clothing — The Samaritan House Clothing Room, 600 Geneva Ave., Muscle Shoals, gives away clothes from 9-11:30 a.m. each Tuesday (except the fifth Tuesday of the month).
• Hugs and Mugs — Faith Church Classics, 3601 Florence Blvd., will sponsor the event for widows, widowers and a guest from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. today. Free choice of four soups, drink and dessert. Door prizes, gifts for the widowed and entertainment by The Harvey Thompson Trio. Event will be in Faith Church gym.
• Black History and Heart Health — St. Mark Missionary Baptist Church, 220 E. Alabama St., Florence, will celebrate Service and Excellence — Greeks (college Sunday) on Sunday. On Feb. 23, black excellence in literature, music and sports, also the Carrie Mitchell Memorial Go Red For Women will be observed. Services begin at 11 a.m. Pastor: Bishop Will Boyd.
• Salvation Army Women's Auxiliary — The group will meet Feb. 21, with the executive committee meeting at 9 a.m.; fellowship at 9:30 a.m.; general membership meeting at 10 a.m. at the Salvation Army Headquarters, 1601 Huntsville Road, Florence.
• Black History program — Alpha Pi Chi Sorority Kappa Phi Chapter will have the event at 11 a.m. Feb. 22 at Florence-Lauderdale Public Library, 350 N. Wood Ave. Speaker, Rev. Charles Dale, civil rights and community activist.
• Black History Month program — St. Luke United Methodist Church, 300 E. 17th St., Sheffield, will have the event at 10:45 a.m. Feb. 23. Geraldine Tomkins will be the guest speaker.
• Black History Observance — Bethel Cumberland Presbyterian Church, 408 E. Alabama St., Florence, will have the program at 11 a.m. Feb. 23, with Elder Ron Collier, of Meridian, Mississippi, speaking. The theme is Psalm 27.1.