Email items for the TimesDaily Religion Calendar to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline to submit items is 5 p.m. Tuesday for publication the following Friday. Information, however, may be submitted up to six weeks in advance. Include a complete address with all venues, along with a name and telephone number.
• Anniversary/Homecoming — Healing Fountain Apostolic Faith Church, 1019 Sterling Blvd., Sheffield, will celebrate its 50th anniversary/homecoming June 27-30. Speakers: 7 p.m. June 27, Pastor Marqcus Jernigan, of Tupelo, Mississippi; 7 p.m. June 28, Evangelist Teresa Seward, of Milan, Tennessee; 10 a.m. June 29, parade/prayer walk; 11 a.m. June 30, speaker Minister Monty Geter, of Chester, Virginia. Pastor: Bishop Thomas Owens Jr.; first lady/co-pastor: Sandra Owens.
• Study series — Florence First United Methodist Church, 415 N. Seminary St., will hold a study on Wednesdays in June and July on “A Disciple’s Path: A Guide for United Methodists.” Classes will meet at 6 p.m. June 5, 12, 19 and 26, and July 10 and 17. 256-764-7813.
• Speaker — Dr. Carl Gebhardt will present "Sacred Dogs: The Image, Role and Importance of Dogs in a Variety of Cultures" at Unitarian Universalist Congregation of the Shoals, 1332 N. Pine St., Florence, at 11 a.m. Sunday. Child care provided.
• Revival — First Cumberland Presbyterian Church, 2422 Darby Drive, Florence, will have a revival June 23-26. The revival begins at 6 p.m. June 23 with the Rev. Pat Driskell. Services June 24-26 will be at 7 p.m. On June 24, Rev. Jimmy Peyton, pastor of Welti CPC in Cullman, will speak. On June 25, Rev Garret Burns, Associate Chaplin at Bethel College, will speak. On June 26, Rev. Micaiah Tanck, Scottsboro CPC, will be the speaker.
• Revival — Greater Zion M.B. Church, 3600 Woodard Ave., Florence, will have a revival at 7 p.m. June 24-26, with evangelist, the Rev. Thomas Bates, of New Jerusalem M.B. Church, Russellville. Pastor: Rev. Patrick T. Smith.
• Summer revival — Bethel Colbert M.B. Church, 12300 Second St., Leighton, will have a summer revival June 30-July 2. At 6 p.m. June 30, guest speaker will be Pastor Clinton McFarland, Grace Baptist Church, Atlanta; at 7 p.m. July 1-2, guest will be Dr. Bernard Mitchell, Zion Hill M.B. Church, Mendenhall, Mississippi. Pastor: Wesley Thompson.
• Free clothing — The Samaritan House Clothing Room, 600 Geneva Ave., Muscle Shoals, gives away clothes from 9-11:30 a.m. each Tuesday (except the fifth Tuesday of the month).
• Women's Day — St. James M.B. Church, 325 Wallace St., Florence, 11 a.m. June 23. Speaker: Dr. Lisa Graves Minor, retired English professor from the University of North Alabama and a member of High Street Church of Christ in Tuscumbia. There will be a lunch after the program coordinated by the St. James kitchen committee.
• Installation — Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, 2001 Cloyd Blvd., Florence, announces the installation of Pastor Brandon Scroggins at 4 p.m. June 23, with reception to follow.
• Marie Osmond — The Heritage Christian University fundraiser will be Aug. 10 at the Marriott Shoals Hotel & Spa. Tickets, $50. 800-367-3565, hcu.edu
Vacation Bible School
VBS — Jacksonburg Church of Christ, 414 Lauderdale 28, will have VBS at 6:30 p.m. Monday-Thursday. Theme is superheroes. Registration begins at 6 p.m. Theme: Faith Force — Heroes of Godly Living.
• VBS — St. James M.B. Church, 325 Wallace St., Florence, will have VBS from 6-8 p.m. Monday-Wednesday for all ages. Theme is managing what belongs to God on Safari land of Zohannda. Directors are sisters Earline Johnson and Deborah McDaniel.
• VBS — Bethel Colbert M.B. Church, 12300 Second St., Leighton, will have vacation Bible school 6-8 p.m. Monday-Wednesday. Classes for all ages. Transportation available. Pastor: Rev. Wesley Thompson.
• VBS — Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church, 1806 Poplar St., Muscle Shoals, will have vacation Bible school at 6 p.m. Tuesday-Thursday. Pastor: Rev. Roger Pride.
• VBS and church picnic — Jerusalem Missionary Baptist Church, 115 Easterwood Street, Cherokee, will have one-day Vacation Bible School from 8:45 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. June 22. Classes are available for children and adults. Church picnic will follow VBS. All are welcome to attend.