MONTGOMERY — The Alabama Department of Mental Health will receive the Community Anti-Drug Coalitions of America's "Outstanding State Member" award, which recognizes and supports the state's substance abuse prevention efforts.
The department's Substance Abuse Prevention staff have worked to promote prevention efforts through avenues that include:
• promotion of a data driven Strategic Prevention Framework statewide.
• prevention services offered in all 67 Alabama counties.
• expanded prevention resources and initiatives statewide.
• implemented the Community College Initiative to address substance use prevention.
• promoted coordinated efforts to strengthen community collaboration and more.
The department will receive the award at the 29th Annual Leadership Forum scheduled for next week in Washington, D.C.