LifeSouth blood drives are continuing throughout the month in an effort to keep blood supplies stable in the area.
Area hospitals like Helen Keller Hospital, North Alabama Medical Center, Shoals Hospital, Russellville Hospital and several medical facilities rely on blood donation organizations like LifeSouth to keep a stable blood supply.
This week's drives include:
Today, Muscle Shoals
- Cricket Wireless, 2010 Woodward Ave., Suite A, noon to 7 p.m.
- Russellville Hospital, 15155 Highway 43, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Wilson High School, 7601 Highway 17, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Tarkett East, 1701 Mars Hill Rd., 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Bank Independent, 1081 Highway 72, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturday, Muscle Shoals
- Foodland, 14483 County Line Rd., 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Dollar General, 8964 AL Highway 101, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Appointments are not required to donate blood on the Bloodmobile.
Blood donations can also be made at the Shoals' LifeSouth blood center, located at 307 Veterans Drive.
Donors must be at least 17 years old — or 16 with a parent’s permission — to donate with LifeSouth. Eligible donors must be in good health and weigh at least 110 pounds. A photo ID is needed at the time of donation.
Donors receive a mini-physical and a thank-you gift for donating.
For information on donating blood, or to make an appointment at a blood center, go to lifesouth.org.