Opportunities to donate blood are continuing daily in an effort to keep blood supplies stable in the area.
Area facilities like Helen Keller Hospital, North Alabama Medical Center, Shoals Hospital, Russellville Hospital and several others rely on blood donation organizations like LifeSouth to keep a stable blood supply.
This week's drives include:
• Walmart, 3100 Hough Road, noon to 7 p.m.
• Bank Independent, 13566 U.S. 43, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Lexington High School, 101 School St., 7:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
• Colbert County Courthouse, 201 N. Main St., 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Friday, Muscle Shoals
• Easter Seals Rehabilitation, 1450 Avalon Ave., 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Saturday, Muscle Shoals
• Watson's Furniture, 1678 S. Wilson Dam Road, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
• Petersville Church of Christ, 3601 Cloverdale Road, 11 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Appointments are not required to donate blood on the Bloodmobile.
Blood donations can also be made at the Shoals LifeSouth blood center, located at 307 Veterans Drive.
Donors must be at least 17 years old — or 16 with a parent’s permission — to donate with LifeSouth. Eligible donors must be in good health and weigh at least 110 pounds.
A photo ID is needed at the time of donation.
Donors receive a mini-physical and a thank-you gift for donating.
For information on donating blood, or to make an appointment at a blood center, go to lifesouth.org.