ATLANTA (AP) — A statue of the late congressman and civil rights leader John Lewis could soon replace the likeness of Alexander Stephens, a slave owner and vice president of the Confederacy, in the National Statuary Hall of the U.S. Capitol, under a bipartisan resolution introduced Wednesday in the Georgia House.
Copyright 2021 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without permission.
Public Information Databases
- Richard Patrick Risner 'Richie'
- Sheffield ABC store to close Saturday
- Anderson has visions for old ECM property
- Alabama AG asks review of his GOP group's rally involvement
- Robert Stephen Walker Sr.
- 3 jailed after illegal moonshine operation busted in Alabama
- Ricky Wayne Brooks
- Billie J. Erwin
- James Lamar Longshore
- Alabama man arrested for Capitol riot: 'Crowd became mob"
Sign Up For Newsletters
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.