SUMMERTOWN, Tenn. — Alex Bedford scored 16 points to lead Lawrence County to an 89-69 win over Summertown on Friday. Five others finished in double figures as well.
Jakabri Stevenson had 15, Logan Boswell 13, Blake Long 12 and T.J. Gobble and Luke Mattox 11 each for the Wildcats (8-1).
Leyton Sherman's 18 led the Eagles, who had three others in double figures. Lawrence County hosts a 16-team tournament starting Monday. The Wildcats face Phillips in the gold bracket of the tournament on Monday.
Loretto and Collinwood will also participate in the tournament, which lasts until Wednesday.
• Wilson 63, Mars Hill 61: Braxton Glaze scored 13 of his 20 points in the first quarter to help Wilson build a big lead before the Warriors held on for a 63-61 win over Mars Hill in the first round of the TimesDaily Classic.
Ian Moon followed with 18 points for Wilson, which led by 17 points at halftime.
Cannon Pigg had 24 points and Conner Pigg 17 for the Panthers (5-2), who pulled within two after three quarters.
• Red Bay 60, Lauderdale County 41: Lawson Glover had 19 points to lead Red Bay in the TD Classic. BP Blair added 14 points and Ethan McCoy 11 for Red Bay. Miles Edwards scored 19 points and Tanner Owens 11 for Lauderdale County (5-5).
• Central 38, Hardin County (Tenn.) 37: Brody Cole sank two free throws with 3 seconds remaining to lift the Wildcats (4-6) over the Tigers (3-4). Jaden Smith led Central with 13 points and Wheeler Wilkes had 11.
• Colbert County 56, Phil Campbell 36: Cannon Berryman had 18 points and six assists, while Dylan Castle scored 11 points to help the Indians (4-4) down the Bobcats (8-3).
• Wayne County 64, Decatur County-Riverside 61: Cooper Shamer and Landyn Prater had 14 points each for the Wildcats (6-5). Cayman Camfield and Justice Bell added 10 each. Cole Lackey's 20 paced Riverside.
• Shoals Christian 66, Waterloo 29: Clark Hughes scored 22 points, draining five of his six 3-pointers in the third quarter, for the Flame (7-1). J.D. Bachofer had 14 and D.J. Shames 12. Haden Price scored 14 for the Cougars (0-9).
• Hackleburg 47, Belgreen 33: Jaquan Reeder's 16 points and Conner Whitfield's 12 led the Panthers (3-5). Braycen Johnson scored 13 to lead the Bulldogs (7-8), who play at Shoals Christian on Thursday.
• Lexington 63, Sheffield 55: Zach Turner scored 19 points, Sean Starkey 14 and Noah Lemay 12 for the Golden Bears (5-6). Randall Johnson's 14 points led the Bulldogs (1-7), while Cam Keck, James Bates and Calvin Madden had nine each.
• Frank Hughes 67, Collinwood 44: Noah Haddock's 12 points led Collinwood (1-9).
• Danville 82, Colbert Heights 46: Tyler Wagnon scored 10 points and Dakota Vaughn nine for Colbert Heights (3-6), which hosts Shoals Christian on Tuesday.
• Cordova 55, Hamilton 47: The Blue Devils (8-3) downed the Aggies (2-9).
• Cullman 83, Haleyville 42: The defending Class 6A champion Bearcats (12-1) beat the Lions (5-5), who reached last year's 4A semifinals.
• Shoals Christian 56, Waterloo 47: Sarah Davis scored 24 of her 31 points in the second half for the Flame (5-2). She also posted 16 points and 11 rebounds for her second career triple-double. Ella Manchester totaled 12 points and 12 rebounds, her first double-double, for Shoals Christian, which trailed 22-13 at halftime. Addie Pollard scored 14 points for the Cougars (7-6).
• Lawrence County (Tenn.) 64, Summertown 60: Jacie Scott scored 24 points, Katie Criswell 14 and Emmy Clark 13 to help the Wildcats (9-1) win their fifth straight. Karlie Campbell had 25 for the Eagles (7-4).
• Lexington 51, Sheffield 28: Audrey Stults had 16 points and Maddie Holden and Alex Howard added 10 each for the Golden Bears (5-6). Shanyjurii Whitson had 10 for the Bulldogs (1-5).
• Susan Moore 77, Florence 73, OT: Nevaeh Jones' season-high 24 points and Kamora Simpson's 20 led Florence (6-4) in the James Clemens tournament. Brittany Tubbs added 12 and Talia Rowell 11. Cali Smallwood had 29 for Susan Moore (11-1), which is ranked second in Class 3A.
• Belgreen 60, Hackleburg 34: Dacota Green finished with 23 points and Noelle Willingham added 17 to help the Bulldogs (10-5) win their third straight. Saylor Cooper scored 10 and Jordin Ware 9 for the Panthers (7-3).
• Wayne County 59, Decatur County-Riverside 44: Lauren Bryant scored 12 of her season-high 26 points in the first quarter for the Wildcats (11-0). Blair Baugus added 14. Jayla Davenport had 20 and Grayse Linton 18 for Riverside.
• Collinwood 61, Frank Hughes 29: Harlee Haddock finished with 12 points to lead the Trojans (2-5).
• Marion County 56, Brilliant 48: Macy Moore had 17 points and Abby Humphries posted 14 points and eight rebounds for Brilliant (11-3) against the defending 1A champion Red Raiders (6-4).
• Danville 60, Colbert Heights 30: Reagan Prater had 11 points to help the Hawks down the Wildcats (4-5).
• Cullman 58, Haleyville 16: Ava McSwain had 27 points to lead the Bearcats over the Lions (0-10).
• Hamilton 56, Cordova 44: The Aggies (11-2) notched their fourth straight win.
• Hardin County (Tenn.) 57, Central 47: The Tigers (3-4) stopped the Wildcats (0-10).
• Phil Campbell 40, Colbert County 37: The Bobcats (5-6) beat the Indians (3-6).
Support local journalism reporting on your community
* New Subscribers Only
* Digital Subscription Only
After the initial selected subscription period your subscription rate will auto renew at $12.00 per month.
Welcome to the discussion.
Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.